If you have bought a house or living in home that has a lot of bad patch jobs or issues with the walls, one way to help cover up those faults is by adding texture to your walls. The texture will help all those botched jobs blend in and help the walls to have a uniform texture. Here are the steps for applying texture:
1. First fix any damaged areas with a lightweight spackle and allow to dry.
2. Protect the area that will be getting texture, by covering up, like the floor or any nearby items.
3. Prime the walls first with white latex paint or drywall primer.
4. Roll out your premixed texture paint onto the walls for the initial application.
5. Allow first coat to partially dry then roll over the second coat.
6. Use a brush for tight areas and allow to dry.
Adding texture to your walls can be tricky and watching YouTube videos beforehand might also be helpful, but if in doubt, you can always have it professionally done.